With budgets always limited or under scrutiny, whenever you invest in any large-scale project for your school you have to ensure it provides long-term benefit as well as short-term gains. This is also the case when it comes to investing in a durable, spacious Modular Eco Classroom like the ones we manufacture and install at Bridge Timber Products Ltd. You need to be assured that any Eco Classroom belonging to your school will continue to reliably serve your organisation all year-round, no matter the season.
Winter presents its own challenges when it comes to academic learning, performance and progress. Children can be less motivated and productive when natural day light, and consequently vitamin D, is limited during the winter months. Lack of vitamin D can result in mood changes and irritably, making children less susceptible to learning.
With that in mind, here are five ways our Eco Classrooms are well prepared to withstand winter:
1) It goes without saying that all our different types of Modular Eco Classrooms are well-insulated using SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels). Children learn best when they are in a comfortable environment. With our insulated classrooms, their learning space is kept at an optimum comfortable temperature.
2) Further insulation is provided by Isover mineral wool that our classrooms’ roof panels are pre-insulated with. Trapping air, it keeps heat in, ensuring less energy is required to heat your classroom, saving your school money on heating bills as well as being eco-friendly. The Gyptone Quattro acoustic ceiling board also boasts high-performing heating and cooling insulating abilities as well as protecting classrooms from outside noise (such as the disruptive sound of rainfall).
3) Made from single-ply EVALON® membrane attached to 6mm ply decking fitted to the roof panels, the impermeable but semi-breathable roofs of our Eco Classrooms are resilient in even the harshest weather conditions.
4) When it does rain, our Modular Classrooms can have innovative rain-water harvesting systems installed that collects water in specialised water tanks for secondary use, such as for watering plants- just one of the ways our classrooms are eco-friendly!
5) On dryer days, we ensure your pupils and staff make the most of the winter sun by providing options to incorporate many large uPVC double-glazed windows in our classrooms that allow natural, healthy light to filter into your learning space, whilst being insulated to a high standard.